Sunday, December 20, 2015

Is It Really Worth It

I've been driving myself a little more crazy lately wondering if how hard I work is really worth it. I'm not just patting myself on the back or boasting when I say that I work hard, because I do, and anyone I work with will say the same. The problem is that I don't get a whole lot of feedback from the people who matter regarding the work that I do. Sure my manager can thank me, but I don't hear anything from anyone higher up than her, and it wouldn't be too difficult to send me an email thanking me for my hard work. Although I did hear from my manager that the big boss is talking about giving me a chance at a job with more responsibility.

Which has me wondering if it would be worth it. I took my current promotion for two reasons, the first was that I wasn't getting paid what I was worth. It's hard to work as hard as I was and know that I wasn't getting paid anything remotely close to what I should be. To make me sound a little less arrogant would be to say that I was making the same amount of money as people who were a lot less productive than me. The other was that I knew it would be good to have supervisor experience on my resume, even if I got just six months of experience that would be far more than I previously had, and when a majority of the jobs that I had previously been interested in required at least six months of supervisor experience that told me a lot.

My husband graduates from college in May and hopefully he will find a position that pays well so I can possibly go back to a job I enjoy. As it stand all I can do is hope that all of what I'm currently dealing with is worth it, and that perhaps I'll be able to find a job that would utilize my talents without my having the fear that one day they will use the words assistant manager.

I don't think that it would be very professional to laugh hysterically at my bosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment