Saturday, January 4, 2014

Speaking of Zombies...

I rather dread today. I have a two hour trip to my parent's house to celebrate my nephew's first birthday, then two hours back. I love my family dearly, but . . . well, I'm sure many of you have had that same 'but' from time to time. Mine has lasted for about eight years now, shortly after they all realized that they were going to have to accept the stranger that is my now husband into the family. I think that they were hoping that I would fall for one of the guys my sister, dad and I worked with, or someone who my mom introduced me to. My parents were hoping he would be Catholic, I think they should be happy he was even christian, most of the guys that have been interested in me were atheist.

As I think about the trip and how much I don't want to take it, I can't help but think that it would be the perfect time for a zombie apocalypse to hit. It would be a great excuse not to go, I mean, excuses can't get much better than 'all my survival gear is at the house, loading it into the car would be like feeding myself to the zombies'. We could live in the basement for a while, we have plenty of food down there to survive and plenty of ways to keep barricaded in.

Anyone who knows me know just how seriously I don't want to go by wishing for a zombie apocalypse. I HATE zombies. They are my least favorite supernatural creature. I have a BA in communications so I keep up on pop culture as much as I can, but I cannot make myself watch the Walking Dead despite how curious I am about it. I am making baby steps towards watching it, but I have other stuff to watch first. I even want to see Warm Bodies, but can't do it. I was proud of myself for watching Zombieland, but that movie is just freaking hilarious and I love the cast.

So, I guess since I love my family I will make the trek to see them...but still some kind of apocalypse would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment