Friday, January 3, 2014

Stress Zombies Gnawing at My Brain

That sounds like it should be the name of a song. Stress zombies gnawing on my brain, la di da.

But I digress.

Getting to a healthy weight is one of the biggest things that is going to lead to my happiness, for those wondering why I keep talking about my weight. I'm not morbidly obese, but I am considered obese. So when I post about things like exercise and dieting, that's why I'm posting. I just wanted to explain that before I got started today.

Yesterday could have been a bad day for me. I woke up later than I wanted after taking medicine for a cold I was catching (I should know better than to do that). Then I spent the rest of the day worried about when I would get my workout in. It was only the second day of my revolution and I didn't want to fail so early in the game. It became a little stress zombie, painfully chewing at my brain.

It's hard to do a long workout when there's a little one in the house, especially since she's a little Houdini. She just turned two at the end of December and has been climbing everything including baby gates and cribs since she was 18 months. In order to give myself piece of mind, and keep her from breaking any bones, I had to switch her to a toddler bed because every morning she would wake up, climb over the rail and drop to the floor. Now she knows how to open doors, turn on the stove and get past the "child proof" everything.

So I waited it out, the zombie gnawing even more with lost chance. Then, when my eight year old got out of school the little one finally decided to take a nap. I asked the older one to clean her room, which is across the hall from the little one's room, and keep listen for the little one should she wake up. I successfully got my workout in without, and even managed not to stress eat.

I think the most valuable lesson I learned was not to let the stress zombie gnaw at my brain so much, to be patient and I should be able to find the time. And honestly I'm better for it, I didn't wake up early today either (it's my first week of harder workouts so it's tiring me out), but the zombie isn't getting to me as much today.

No comments:

Post a Comment